The purpose of my suffering, the purpose of this season.
John 11:4 “This sickness is not unto death but for the glory of God, that the Son of God may be glorified through it.”
Jesus is the Resurrection, I can wait behind the stone, until God says “Come out” as He did to Lazarus. In the darkness of the tomb, He is renewing me, my mind, my heart, my marriage. And while I am in this dark place being refined by Him, until the time He says come out and thereafter, I can focus on His light for He wants me to take part in this miracle of sanctification. Although I cannot see them with my eyes, I can claim that I already have His promises and declare victory with confidence because Jesus is my resurrection my hope, and my new life. And in all this the glory will be all His!
1. That I can come to Jesus in a childlike manner. (Luke 18:17) That I can fall to His feet and that I can cry my pains and grief to Him. Knowing that He loves me and that He will not push me away nor take my worries and fears for granted. That He is my peace and comfort though i’m in the middle of grieving for my dead marriage.
2. That He alone can resurrect my marriage. That He will revive the life that was lost between me and my husband. That through my patient perseverance, (Rom. 5:3-5) He will restore what was stolen as I practice obedience of His words to align myself with His will
3. That Jesus wants me to participate in the works of His miracle. That He wants me to emulate His good work so His work will be perfected and be put to good use, His purpose and for His glory. (Rom. 8:29)
4. That just like Lazarus, I too am in the process of being resurrected by Jesus’ hands as well. Having to experience to remove my unpleasantness and ungodly stains that contributed big time in the crumbling of my marriage. (Rom. 8:28)
– That Jesus is telling me to patiently wait for His miracle to unfold especially in our marriage restoration and with me and my husband.
-That whatever it is that is happening in my life, Jesus’ name will ALWAYS BE GLORIFIED.
– That with Jesus there is always an assurance of salvation and eternal life as long as we believe and obey Him
-To always put my trust in Jesus and not in man or my husband
-That Jesus is my avenger and my equalizer!
-That Jesus chose me. Appointed me. Anointed me to be His royal warrior to fight alongside with Him in winning my husband back from the enemy. That He is telling me to display and act from a Christlike heart. That even if my husband is an unbeliever, he will be won over through my actions and Christlike behavior.
-That Jesus is molding me to the character of the wife He wants me to be.
– That Jesus wants me to be His On-The-Job Trainee and shadow Him to what He wants me to do with my life and with my marriage and my husband. HE WANTS ME TO WATCH HOW HIS MIRACLE WILL UNFOLD IN MY MARRIAGE through His words and commands
-That Jesus wants me to unwrap and undress MY OLD BAD HABITS and change it to the Princess outfit With a Christlike behavior He desired me to be.
-That Jesus wants me to see my husband as Jesus wants me to see him
-That Jesus is telling me everything is possible
– That Jesus IS NOT JUST MEANS TO HAVE A BETTER RELATIONSHIP WITH MY HUSBAND, MY HUSBAND IS THE MEANS OF HAVING A BETTER RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS!
– That Jesus wants to remind me to decree, declare, proclaim and claim with a Loud voice that I AM GOING TO BE VICTORIOUS WITH JESUS!
-That Jesus TOLD ME THAT I AM HIS FIRST MIRACLE AND TO SHARE IT TO THE WORLD!
THANK YOU, JESUS FOR RAISING ME FROM THE DEAD!
John 11:44 The man who had died came forth, bound hand and foot with wrappings, and his face was wrapped around with a cloth. Jesus said to them, “Unbind him, and let him go.”
Jesus is telling me that the best is yet to come. My situation right now with my marriage is not yet my final destination. God is all powerful that He can resurrect the dead man; same goes with my marriage because it is His will that what He has join together let no man separate. Mark 10:9 Even if everyone including husband who looked at it will say that it is impossible, in God nothing is impossible. Luke 1:37 He can do everything; that no purpose of Him can be thwarted. Job 42:2. I am reminded to believe in Him because He is a faithful Father. God knows what is inside my heart. He restores marriage not for our happiness but for His name to be glorified. So that everyone who persecuted us will see that Christ who lives in us is alive. Hindi na ung masangsang na amoy (old self) ang lumalabas but the one who lives within us-who is Jesus Christ.
* Resurrecting Lazarus from his death is a metaphor in the marriage.That God can bring him back. But also it can apply to me na bubuhayin uli ako ni Jesus from my death because of my sin. Mabaho nakakadiri pero through Christ I will be alive and by following him babango ako sa kanya. Di na bulok ang pag katao ko. Same din nang mga husband.
And I will do whatever you ask in My name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son, You may ask Me for anything in My name and I will do it.
While waiting He will cleanse me with oil until aroma of fresh spring blossoms scent will breeze through my whole being that will overflow in my marriage..
Matthew 19:26. “With God All things are possible”
It is comforting to know that God will bring back everything. That He has a plan for all of us. When we weep He weeps. When we rejoice He rejoices with us.
Let’s look unto Jesus and expect the unexpected. That He will resurrect every dead marriage. Keep the faith for He walks with us and will bring us through the finish line- the victorious ending.